CC Radio

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Saving Money With My Fish Tank Hobby

I have two main tanks (30 Gallon and 40 Gallon).  As part of my hobby patience is key to saving money. For instance watching Craigslist sales from people who don't want to continue in the hobby and sell their tanks and equipment well under the retail prices. But you might say, they are so dirty and have lime stains.  Yes but that's where a little Vinegar and elbow grease (scrubbing) will make the dirty tank look brand new.

For instance, check out my 30 Gallon I purchase on Craigslist for $40.00 along with 3 working pumps, a Whisper filter, bags of cichlid food, and a bunch of other supplies. It was covered in Lime stains as it was empty and kept in a garage.  I have a Lime stained tank above and my Vinegar cleaned tank below...



No comments: