CC Radio

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day

For many of us, our fathers are our heroes. We appreciate them for their love and guidance. A good father can set an example of love, strength, honor, sacrifice, and responsibility. A godly father not only points his children to Christ, but lives his life in such a way as to demonstrate the reality of Christ to his children.

In the Fifth Commandment we are told to honor our father and mother, that our days might be long upon the earth. Hopefully you take the opportunity to honor your father more than one day a year.

Mark Twain recounts a story that is true for most all of us. He states: “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.”

In the same way Margaret Truman tells us It’s only when you grow up and step back from him–or leave him for your own home–it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.

...Billy Graham is quoted as saying, "A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society."
One night a father overheard his son pray: “Dear God, make me the kind of man my Daddy is.”  Later that night, the father prayed, “Dear God, make me the kind of man my son thinks I am.” 

On this Father's Day, we honor dads for their love and the lessons they have taught us. 


H. David Landry, PastorCalvary Chapel of Casa Grande 

No comments: